Installing WordPress On Your Computer (Localhost) Using XAMPP
If you want to install WordPress on your local computer, you can do so by using XAMPP. XAMPP is a free and open-source cross-platform web server solution stack package developed by Apache Friends, consisting mainly of the Apache HTTP Server, MariaDB database, and interpreters for scripts written in the PHP and Perl programming languages. This article will guide you through the process of installing WordPress on your local computer using XAMPP.
Install WordPress on Localhost Using XAMPP
Installing WordPress on your computer using XAMPP is a great way to get started with developing WordPress themes or plugins. If you’re a WordPress developer, then you’ve probably heard of XAMPP. XAMPP is a software package that allows you to run a local server environment on your computer. This is useful for WordPress developers because it allows you to test your WordPress site locally before pushing it live to the world. Plus, it means you don’t have to worry about losing any changes you make since everything is happening locally.
Before we get started, you’ll need to download and install XAMPP. Once that’s done, open up the XAMPP Control Panel and start both the Apache and MySQL modules. Then, you can head over to http://localhost/ in your web browser to make sure everything is working properly.
Download Latest Version of WordPress
Now that XAMPP is up and running,
- It’s time to download WordPress. You can do that by heading over to https://wordpress.org/download.
- Once the download is finished, extract the ZIP file and rename the folder to “wordpress”.
- Then, move that folder into the “htdocs” directory inside of your XAMPP installation folder. For example, if you have installed XAMPP in the “C:\xampp” directory, then you would extract WordPress to “C:\xampp\htdocs\wordpress”.
- After extracting WordPress, you can now start your XAMPP server and access WordPress by going to http://localhost/wordpress in your web browser.
Core folders of WordPress
Each WordPress installation has three main folders: wp-admin, wp-includes, and wp-content.
- The wp-admin folder contains all of the administrative files for your WordPress site. This is where you go to login to your WordPress site, and where you manage all of your site’s content.
- The wp-includes folder contains all of the core WordPress files. These files are what make WordPress work. You should never need to modify anything in this folder.
- The wp-content folder is where you add your own themes, plugins, and other custom content. This is the most important folder in your WordPress installation.
How to Create WordPress Database?
If you want to install WordPress on your computer, you need a web server software (like Apache) and a database (like MySQL). XAMPP is an easy to install Apache distribution containing MySQL, PHP and Perl. It’s used as a localhost or local development environment.
You need to create a database for WordPress. You can do this by going to http://localhost/phpmyadmin in your web browser. Once in phpMyAdmin, click on the “Databases” tab and enter a name for your database (we will call it “wordpress”). Then click on the “Create” button.
Open up http://localhost/wordpress in your web browser and you should see the WordPress Installation page. On this page, fill in the required information such as the name of the database you created earlier, and a username and password for WordPress. e just defined the database name as Wordpress, remember. We created it through phpmyadmin. Since we are currently working on the local server via XAMPP, the username is Root and we don’t have a password. We leave the password part blank. Database host information is also localhost here.
In this article, I have shown you how to install WordPress on your computer using XAMPP. This is a great way to test out WordPress before you deploy it to a live server. We hope that you have found this guide to be helpful and that you are now able to install WordPress on your local machine with ease.
wp-config.php dosyası web sitenizin ana dizininde bulunan ve Wordpress ayarları yapılandırdığınız dosyadır….
İletişim formları gibi formlar, sitemize gelen ziyaretçilerin bizimle en kolay irtibat kullanabilecekleri…
Wordpress ile kişisel web sitesi yapmak ve portfolyo sitesi kurmak için yapılması…
If you’re thinking about starting a blog, you’re probably wondering which platform…
WordPress is one of the most popular site-building and content management systems…